Through CoWIN vaccination platform, India has shown way to whole world: PM Modi
Facilities India prepared in such a short timespan to fight Covid-19 show its capability, he said
By building the CoWIN platform that shows how vaccination is done on such a large scale, India had shown the way to the while world, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Thursday.
Noting that India had already administered over 93 crore (930 million) Covid-19 vaccine doses, he said the country would cross the 100 crore (1000 million) mark very soon.
The Prime Minister was speaking after dedicating to the nation 35 Oxygen Plants for the support of Covid-19 patients.
These Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) Oxygen Plants have been established under PM CARES across 35 States and Union Territories.
With this, all districts of the country will now have commissioned PSA Oxygen Plants.
"The facilities India prepared in such a short timespan to fight the Corona pandemic, shows the capability of our country," PM Modi said at the event held at AIIMS Rishikesh in Uttarakhand, where one of the new Oxygen Plants has come up.
Listing the work that had been done, he said:
* India has made rapid and large-scale manufacturing of Made in India Corona Vaccine
* India has implemented the world's largest and fastest vaccination campaign
* Anetwork of about 3000 testing labs was created from just one testing lab, before the pandemic
* India has transformed from being an importer to an exporter of masks and kits
* Facilities of new ventilators were made available even in remote areas of the country
"What India has done is a symbol of our determination, our service and our solidarity," he pointed out.
India used to produce 900 metric tons of liquid medical oxygen a day. As the demand increased, India increased the production of medical oxygen by more than 10 times, he said.
According to the Prime Minister, this was an unimaginable goal for any country in the world, but India had achieved it.